Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Lunch Foods

Lunch doesn't have to be a midday bore, it can be grand :)  Here are two great lunch items that I made recently.

Grilled Cheese with Tomato Sauce, Green Peppers and Mushrooms on homemade Potato Buttermilk Bread
Those of us who have to gluten-free for health reasons know that a lot of gluten-free breads on the market can leave something to be desired, hence when I can I bake my bread.  The crisp outside of the bread contrasted pleasantly with its soft insides.  

Pinto Beans on Brown Rice Griddlecakes

I used flaxseed as the binder for my tortilla-like cakes and it gave them a delicious multi-grain taste.  This was a project with leftovers of brown rice and broccoli from the night before.  I left the broccoli in the rice when I made my griddlecake mixture and it added a wonderful flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment