Monday, April 11, 2011

Thrive

I am an athlete and after going gluten free I was curious about healthy ways to improve my diet and my exercise routine.  I discovered Thrive: The Vegan Nutrition Guide to Optimal Performance in Sports and Life by Brendan Brazier through the No Meat Athlete blog.  While I haven't yet made everything in this book, I have made two of the sports drinks, a cereal, a pizza, some energy bites and energy bars; all of which were rather good.

I appreciate the fact that Brazier takes the time to educate his readers about the importance and benefits of good nutrition while giving a plan regarding how to incorporate it.  Good nutrition is something that everyone should take advantage of whether or not they consider themselves to be athletes.  If you are interested in having "optimal performance in sports and life", I encourage you to pick up this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment