Thursday, March 17, 2011

Brownie Bowls

I stumbled upon an amazing brownie mix from Bob's Red Mill.  It's fudgy, delightful and is lovely warm.  I like brownies and at first glance I was unsure about this mix and went to the internet to find ways to insure the fudginess of this mix but alas the ingredients that a recipe I found called for I did not have.  So, I decided to go ahead and try making the recipe as prescribed by Bob.  The results: amazing texture that is a mix of a slight cake texture with fudginess.  Ah, such a good brownie.  My sister and I made twelve small cupcake size brownies and then I suggested with our leftover batter we make brownie bowls.  "Are you sure you're not overdoing it?" my sister said.  "Yep," I responded, "this is going to be good." as I pulled down my mother's ramekins from the cabinet.  "Okay," she said with a face that said I'm not sure I believe you but after it was done she was a convert. The top of the brownie was like a chocolate crust that encapsulated a dense chocolate masterpiece.  Sometimes a brownie in a cupcake size doesn't work and you just want an upgrade and if so upgrade to the modest sized round ramekin; it doesn't disappoint :)

By the way, Happy St. Patrick's Day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment