Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Vegan Cookies

Since my local library is my testing ground for new cookbooks, I'm always eyeing the shelves.  Recently I have come across a book called Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar: 100 Dairy-Free Recipes for Everyone's Favorite Treats.  While currently I am not a vegan I think it is important to live a mostly plant based life.  Here are the reasons why I picked it up: I have friends who are unable to have dairy products, I have problems with dairy, and I happen to be curious about making vegan gluten-free cookies :)

The pictures drew me and so did the cookie options.  Right now since I have certified gluten free oats, I have been particularly drawn to oatmeal cookie recipes.  Besides I've been eyeing the biscotti recipes the book contains.  Isa Chandra Moskowitz and her writing partner Hope Romero give guidelines for adapting their recipes to gluten free and as soon I replenish my flour options I am going to dive right in :)

Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar: 100 Dairy-Free Recipes for Everyone's Favorite Treats

No comments:

Post a Comment